Sunday, January 31, 2010

Seriously Delicious Hamburger

I was trying to make my own version of Red Robin's Royal Burger (which is what I usually ordered when I went there). I don't like tomatoes, so I always took those off and then I would add ketchup.  Here is what it looks like and how I would normally order it along with the nutritional information:

 
 
OMG 46 Net Carbs!!!! That's just crazy!!!

Ok, here is the version I made tonight. I wasn't sure how to duplicate the Red Robin seasoning, so I just used a little bit of Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash. Also, I didn't have any cheese slices, so I just used shredded cheese. I usually add ketchup to it, but since I'm not eating ketchup and don't have any in the house, I left the ketchup off and opted for some mustard instead.



Seriously Delicious Hamburger

2 Low Carb Buns
1/4 Pound Ground Chuck
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
1 Large Egg
3 Strips Cooked Bacon
1/8 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Lettuce
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Mustard

 Shape the ground chuck into a hamburger patty and sprinkle one side with a little bit of Mrs. Dash. Cook in a skillet until no longer pink in the middle. While the hamburger is cooking, spray a small skillet with butter flavored Pam and fry the egg. Flip the egg, bust the yolk and continue cooking until no longer runny. Place one of the low carb buns (bumpy side up) on a plate and assemble the burger as follows: Place the burger on the bottom bun, sprinkle the cheese on top of the burger, place the fried egg on top of the cheese, place the cooked bacon on top of the fried egg and finish off with the lettuce. Spread the mayonnaise and mustard on the bumpy side of the 2nd bun and place on top of the lettuce. Enjoy!

Serves: 1
Per Serving: 818 Calories; 69g Fat (77.0% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 576mg Cholesterol; 835mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment